Gianfranco Di Vaio
Gianfranco Di Vaio is deputy chief economist at Cassa Depositi e Prestiti and adjunct professor at LUISS Guido Carli. He is also fellow of CeLEG and RCEA. After completing his PhD in History and Theory of Economic Development at LUISS Guido Carli in Rome, Gianfranco has been working as research fellow at the University of Perugia and LUISS. He has been also research fellow at the University College Dublin, and short-term visitor at the University of Copenhagen. He won a position as assistant professor of economics at University of Perugia. His research interests are in the fields of economic growth, economic history, applied econometrics, citation analysis.
- PhD in History and Theory of Economic Development, LUISS Guido Carli, Rome, 2005.
- BSc in Modern Arts, Federico II University, Naples, 2001.
- (with G. Arbia and M. Battisti) Institutions and Geography: Empirical Test of Spatial Growth Models for European Regions. Economic Modelling 27, 12-21, 2010.
- (with J. Weisdorf ) Ranking Economic History Journals: A Citation-Based Impact-Adjusted Analysis. Cliometrica 4, 1-17, 2010.
- (with M. Battisti) A Spatially-Filtered Mixture of β-Convergence Regressions for EU regions, 1980-2002. Empirical Economics 34, 105-121, 2008.
Personal Web Page
Last Updated: July 31, 2009